The SAT vs. the ACT
(according to The Princeton Review)
1. ACT questions tend to be more straightforward.
2. The SAT has a stronger emphasis on vocabulary.
3. The ACT has a Science section, while the SAT does not.
4. The ACT tests more advanced math concepts.
5. Both tests include a Writing Test that is technically "optional."
However, some universities require it for admission, so you'll want
to research the expectations of the schools you're interested in.
Most colleges do not prefer one exam over the other
A college entrance exam typically taken by 11th and 12th grade students. It is offered several times throughout the school year. A FREE ACT Test will be given to all 11th graders at Cyprus High School on April 7, 2020. Check your ACT scores by clicking HERE.
Free Practice Resources
1. Find the Enter Magic Word box & type the word ZION (all caps)
2. Select Cyprus High from the alphabetized list
3. Create an account or log in if you already have one
4. Dive into a diagnostic exam to identify your strengths and weakness and then work on topic-specific drills, test-taking strategies, review videos, and practice exams
Set up an account & the site runs you through exercises that help identify your strong and weak areas--then it focuses on building up your weak areas. Also teaches you strategies to apply to all sections of the test!